.

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Siddhartha :: essays research papers

Monday TheologyFirst off, let me whole step up by saying that Siddhartha is a book that I nalways would guard voluntarily chosen to read. A book based on Indian culture (dot, not feather) and set in a period of umpteen years ago didnt sound like my idea of a fun evenings read. But now, after completing it, I can say that I was 100 percent incorrect and cheerily surprised.This book was just chocked full of all kinds of symbols, signs and ideas, two of which really seemed old(prenominal) to me. Not because they are novel or revolutionary, but more because they are beliefs that I have held for sometime now. And the interesting thing is that I am not exactly sure where they came from. The first and probably most dominating theme was that of where Siddhartha was trying to find his enlightenment. He began by following a strict regime and belief structure that he was born into. He then rebelled and started to follow the Samanas and their practice of self denial. Later, he went clx xx degrees and indulged in the sins of the flesh. Not finding contentment in each of these, he finally settles on living on the river and becoming a ferryman. This is where he make up the confessedly meaning of Nirvana. He cognize that true enlightenment cannot be reached through teachers because it cannot be taught- enlightenment go ins from within. This is where I step into the picture. At the start of this semester, we were asked to tell something about ourselves, and where we were spiritually. I declared that I was a Ten Commandment Kid, being raised on bible movies on Sunday morning TV. I also stated that I had no formal biblical training, and that I went with my grandfather on Sunday morning road trips to his newest church of the month. Or week. I conjecture that he was like Siddhartha in the fact that he was never meet with the answer that anyone ever gave him, so he moved on, still searching. This was his represent that he gave to me. The places that I attended and t he movies that I watched asked many more questions than they ever answered. Even as young as eight I realized that while knowledge was good, true enlightenment, or wisdom, wasnt going to come from any one pulpit or preacher. I have since found that the best church is on top of a hill, looking everywhere a pasture with a gentle breeze blowing the clouds slowly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment