.

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Media Consumption Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 750 words

Media Consumption - Essay Example The intentional media is the one we look at knowingly because it entertains us or interests us. Unintentional media consumption is the one take in without our knowledge. My daily schedule after the alarm snoozes at six am is to look at my Facebook and my twitter accounts so as to catch up with what my friends have said. On Facebook as one scrolls down to read people’s posts, I bump onto 4 ads from Samsung, eBay , KFC and GM. All these are pages I have liked on Facebook.nI can call this intentional because I have liked their pages and I want to get the latest updates about their products and services. After looking at my smartphone, it is now time to get out of bed and prepare for the day. I take a quick shower take a quick breakfast as I am standing with the TV on. Here I bump into more ads that I had not intended to look at. I leave my apartment and head to the subway. Here I encounter more ads on billboards, posters, and sign boards. When I get to work I check my emails, log on to Twitter again. I look through food blog, a friend’s blog, and Literary Magazine. I read an interview- Anderson Cooper interviewing Donald Sterling- that my friend has sent to me that very morning. I also happen to have an email folder for newsletters from which I get headlines from The Washing ton Post, The Boston Globe and The Wall Street Journal. I look at Facebook notifications and do not click on any links that seem to talk about the NFL draft and such and spend less than a minute looking at the news feed. I also get from my folder news on what my friends have read from Goodreads. I do not check the weather from Weather.com and was rained on in the evening. During the lunch break I go out to take a sandwich and encounter about seven billboards advertising several products such as vodka, McDonalds, and IKEA. I head back and read a chapter of The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan from my kindle. I continue with my work

No comments:

Post a Comment